Dokyun Lee, Kartik Hosanagar and Harikesh Nair (2013). Advertising Content and Consumer Engagement in Social Media: Evidence from Facebook. Management Science, forthcoming. (Updated: June 2017).
- Content codes firms' Facebook posts using Amazon Mechanical Turk and machine learning algorithms for Natural Language Processing to investigate the effect of advertising content on customer engagement on the social network.
- Write-ups: Search Engine Watch // Business2Community
- Previously titled "The Effect of Social Media Marketing Content on Consumer Engagement: Evidence from Facebook."
Harikesh Nair, Sanjog Misra, William J. Hornbuckle IV, Ranjan Mishra and Anand Acharya (2013). Big Data and Marketing Analytics in Gaming: Combining Empirical Models and Field Experimentation. Marketing Science, forthcoming. (Updated: Feb 2017).
Oystein Daljord, Sanjog Misra and Harikesh Nair (2016). Homogenous Contracts for Heterogenous Agents: Aligning Salesforce Composition and Compensation. Journal of Marketing Research, April, 55(2). pp. 161-182. (Sept 2015 version).
- Main point: When contracts cannot be fully heterogenous, firms gain from choosing both agents and incentives jointly. Empirically, the ability to choose agents seems to mitigate significantly the loss in incentives from the restriction to uniform contracts. This may explain the continued prevalence of uniform contracts in real-world settings.
- Write-ups: Wall St. Journal